As an expectant mom, it can be hard to do the same workouts as you’re used to, for obvious reasons. We’re told that we should stay active and healthy, but it can be hard! That’s why I fell in love with the Active Maternity program on Beachbody On Demand by Autumn Calabrese (the 21 Day Fix trainer).
And since my last pregnancy they’ve added EVEN MORE pre- and post-natal programs and fitness routines!
These are available EXCLUSIVELY on Beachbody On Demand and so worth the streaming subscription! Learn more about Beachbody On Demand.
If you’re looking for a fitness program to follow during your pregnancy, I definitely recommend these!
Active Maternity with Autumn Calabrese:
The Active Maternity workouts are broken down into 4 parts:
- 1st Trimester: Get Stable. You complete this workout throughout the first trimester and it is created to improve muscle tone, increase circulation, and build endurance.
- 2nd Trimester: Get Strong. You complete this workout throughout the second trimester as it helps to battle fatigue, alleviate aches and pains, and increase your mood.
- 3rd Trimester: Get Ready. You complete this workout throughout the third trimester to build strength and prepare you for labor and delivery!
- Postnatal: Get It Back. You complete this workout after delivery, upon receiving clearance from your doctor to resume working out to help ease your body back into your fitness routine, increase your strength & endurance, and to get your body back!
- Babies on BOD: One to do WITH your new baby! It will help you feel stronger, leader, and connect with your little one.
What do I think of the Active Maternity Program?
My favorite part of the series was the second trimester workout. I love a challenge and with the way that the Active Maternity program is setup it allows you a bit more of a challenge within the first trimester since that is the time you are getting your energy back and feeling your best.
I also enjoyed the third trimester workout because every exercise requires a 10-second hold. Why 10 seconds? That’s how long the doctor will typically want you to push during the pushing phase of labor. So, this really gets your body ready and prepared for what that 10 seconds is going to feel like.
Overall, I thought the Active Maternity workouts were amazing. They truly do prepare your body for the most exciting day of your life! Not only that, but you have a plan throughout each trimester and a plan for after delivery as well so this program is well-rounded!
Pre & Postnatal Yoga with Desi Bartlett:
There are 5 yoga routines + a special Diastasis Recti workshop:
- First Trimester Flow: A comprehensive yoga flow.
- Second Trimester Flow: Helps build strength and balance.
- Third Trimester Flow: Works on strength and flexibility using a chair for support.
- Postnatal Core: This routine is designed to safely strengthen you core after giving birth.
- Mommy & Me: This yoga routine was created to help you connect with your little one (best for 6-12 month olds)!
- Diastasis Recti 101 Workshop: You’ll learn how to identify it, causes, and how to exercise safely.
I haven’t tried this program myself, but I’ve heard fantastic things about it from friends. If you like yoga, you’ll definitely want to try it!
Total Body Pregnancy with Idalis Velazquez:
This program is unique because it’s offered in both English AND Spanish (something I know many of my friends back in Miami will appreciate!). Whichever language you prefer, there are 4 different workouts for each stage of pregnancy.
- First Trimester: Combines light strength training and cardio intervals in a safe, but effective way!
- Second Trimester: You’ll continue to build strength and burn calories work workouts designed for your changing body.
- Third Trimester: This low-impact workout uses a chair to help you continue burning calories.
- Postnatal: Helps you get your body back on track safely post-baby!
This program was released after my pregnancy, but I’m confident that it will be a GREAT workout if we ever decide to go for Baby #4. HA!
With my first two pregnancies I didn’t workout, meal plan, drink Shakeology or stay active and it played a huge role in how I felt. Everyday I was drained, tired and fatigued. It’s amazing, when you treat your body how it’s suppose to it functions properly, even pregnant!
If have any questions about any of the pre/postnatal program from Beachbody or about Beachbody On Demand, leave a comment and I’ll get back to you!
Start streaming Beachbody On Demand using one of these options:
And share this with anyone that’s pregnant and looking for a great way to stay healthy and fit!